Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Argument Against 18 Game NFL Season

The Bengals would still have 5 games left to play. Can you imagine? A 2-11 record and you still have to muddle through five more games. Three is more than enough. In fact, I wish there were a way the Bengals could "opt out", or teams eliminated from playoff contention could just be shaved from the end of the schedule. I've long held the opinion that four preseason games are painful and the preseason schedule should be scaled back to a scrimmage and a couple of games. I still feel that way. The starters play less than half the time in the preseason games anyway, and season ticket holders still get gouged for a full price on tickets. But with the NFL dealing with a new agreement, I hope the 18 game regular season schedule is shelved until the Bengals get things right. Or the year 2055, whichever comes first.

Speaking of awful, the "Legends" division and the "Leaders" division? I laughed out loud when I saw this. The Big Ten is smart enough to make major money off of its own television network, then it botches something as simple as this. It is way too generic. Heck, the "Stars" division and the "Stripes" division would be a lot better than this. Nice logo too.

I was really rooting for Cliff Lee to stay away from the Yankees.  Then I heard about the Phillies being involved.  Dear Lord, if the Phillies land this guy the National League could be locked down for a while.  

No comments:

Post a Comment