Sunday, August 23, 2009

No More Kicks For Chad and Other Quick Hitters

With the signing of another kicker, Ochocinco goes back to full time wide receiver and emergency kicker. Chad did show some nice ability.

Sam Swank is the kicker the Bengals signed. That's a name for the movies. What kind of movies? I cannot say.

I think Chad is going to have a big year. If he does, he might have trade value, and if he has trade value, I move him as soon asap. He has another year left on his contract with a club option for 2011. Should he have a big 2009, guess what is coming in the off season?

I don't care if it's a mild ankle sprain, I don't like my quarterbacks smarting in August after missing most of the previous season. I know Carson Palmer could play if he had to, but I get uneasy feelings about durability when things like this happen.

How much longer can the Bengals pretend Andre Smith's camp is going to take a deal that isn't up to market value? The system stinks, but based on the system, the Bengals are not offering enough dough.

If you aren't excited about the defense yet, you will be. The defensive line is the best the Bengals have had in years. There is depth at d-line, linebacker, and safety. I cannot say there is depth at cornerback, but I can say the starting combo of Johnathan Joseph and Leon Hall will be the best since Eric Thomas and Lewis Billups were part of the S.W.A.T. team.

How funny is it that the Bengals have higher ratings for "Hard Knocks" than the Dallas Cowboys had last year? I guess people were really expecting a train wreck. I can't put my finger on it. The Bengals have some star power with Ochocinco and Carson, but they are coming off a 4-11-1 season. It has to be the "train wreck" factor, doesn't it?

With the way J.T. O'Sullivan is playing, I wonder if the 49ers are having second thoughts. Probably not, but J.T. is outperforming anything he left behind in San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment