Monday, December 21, 2009

I Hope...

I hope Mike Thomas has promised Jeff Quinn and U.C.'s interim coaching staff fat bonus checks if they win the Sugar Bowl. With Quinn taking the Buffalo job, it would be human nature for him to spend more time getting himself well positioned for his first head coaching job rather than the team he'll leave behind. I know Quinn and company want to do right by the U.C. players, but they also have to worry about their own futures. But there's nothing like a little, or a lot, of cash to help keep your eye on the prize!

I hope the Bengals I saw Sunday in San Diego is the Bengals team I'll see during the final two weeks of the regular season. Yes, they lost, but they played well against one of the hottest teams in the league. I thought Carson Palmer was terrific in the fourth quarter. And that quarterback draw? SWEET!

I hope officials never end another game like the one in Indianapolis Saturday at Hinkle Fieldhouse. Butler had just scored the go ahead basket against Xavier with 1.2 seconds left. Then someone realized the clock had stopped inadvertently during the flurry just before Butler scored the basket. It took 12 minutes to figure it out, and then they decided since the clock had stopped for 1.3 seconds, the game was over. Unless it's blatant, going back to split hairs like that is a crock.

I hope the Reds find a left fielder who can produce 20 home runs and 51 RBI in 281 at bats. That's what Jonny Gomes produced last season after starting the season in Louisville. (I'm still trying to figure out how Gomes didn't make the club out of spring training)

I hope the family of Chris Henry can find peace and understanding during this difficult time. The same goes for every family grieving the loss of a loved one.

I hope everyone has a joyous and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I think this past year has given local fans more to cheer than jeer and I hope it gets even better in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment