Monday, March 28, 2011

Big Blue Now The Favorite

First off, a big thanks to Kentucky fans for not tearing me up because of my Ohio State prediction. Honestly, if I had known William Buford would be held to, or clang his way to, a 2-16 performance from the field, I would have taken the Wildcats. All kidding aside it was a terrific game, as good as could be expected. The Wildcats backed up that performance by taking out a good North Carolina team. Kentucky hacked its way through the toughest path to the Final Four and is now the favorite to win it all. While that is my opinion, the boys in Vegas feel the same way. They have it Kentucky, then UConn, followed by Butler, then VCU. Kentucky is a slight favorite over UConn, with the Wildcats an early two point fave.

By the way, VCU taking down Kansas like that was huge. Too bad we don't get to see a similar scenario in December with football. Of course it would not be feasible to have the same type and number of Cinderella candidates in a football playoff, but you could have one, maybe two. But instead we cling to the outdated, old school, can't upset the sponsors, gee that's the way we've always done it bowl system that makes absolutely no sense. They tell me the money wouldn't be the same for a playoff. I'll tell you what, give me a playoff system to sell and I'll double any money being made right now. Heck, ask UConn how great the bowl system is. The Huskies lost
$1.8 million dollars going to the Fiest Bowl!
Anyone want to bet that wouldn't happen in a BCS Playoff game? I'll take every dime you have on that one. By the way, a lot of friends, colleagues, and media members I respect still champion the bowl system. I don't think they are idiots, I don't think they are fools, but I do have a feeling they are all driving a
Model T!

1 comment:

  1. Kentucky is probably the favorite now; they should have been 2 seed at least. This has been one the strangest tournaments I’ve ever seen. VCU’s win sets up a historic game with Butler, two unranked teams in Final Four game. This occurrence says a lot about college basketball today, anyone can win it all.



    http://theresastatforthat.blogspot.com/2011/03/vcu-butler-final-four-matchup-would-be.html

    ReplyDelete