Thursday, January 5, 2012

Heading To Houston

Our crew is getting ready to shove off to Houston and follow the Bengals in their quest to beat the Texans and advance to the second round of the playoffs. My first personal hurdle is getting through airport security. I had neck-fusion surgery back in October, so I have some new hardware in my neck. It's a titanium plate with 6 screws. Here's an x-ray view of it from the back:

I had cadaver bone placed between the C-4 and C-5 and the C-5 and C-6. (I believe Peyton Manning had his just below, between C-6 and C-7) Basically my discs had collapsed and the vertebrate were squeezing some nerves. So Dr. Jaideep Chunduri and Dr. Ian Rodway of Beacon Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine pried them apart, put in the cadaver bone, and it is all growing back together to make one nice, solid bone. Hopefully the special card they gave me to show the TSA agents will get me through the gate if/when they see the following on my body scan!

No comments:

Post a Comment