Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In Milwaukee and Ready For NCAA's

We've made it to the first round sight of Xavier's game with Minnesota on Friday. The public practices at the Bradley Center in downtown Milwaukee take place Thursday. The real practices where the teams get down and dirty with their game plans, etc., take place elsewhere. Xavier players and coaches will be discussing the big game around 1:45 EDT, and their practice will be at 2:30-3:10. Then it's locldown time until Friday's game with Minnesota.

It will be good to hear from Minnesota coach Tubby Smith. A class guy who I remember patiently answering questions on St. Patty's day several years ago with Kentucky in the NCAA. Finally Tubby said something to the effect of, "ok, is that enough for you guys, I mean, you have to have something else to do. It's St.
Patrick's day, go get some green beer."

I'm really surprised at the Vegas number on this game. Currently a pick 'em, I saw Minnesota favored by 1 Tuesday night.

Did anyone else get a bad feeling when U.C.'s huge lead over Weber St. melted away with 8 minutes to go? It worked out, but I still say pound the ball inside fellas, quit falling in love with the three. The second round matchup with Dayton should make for quite a game. Monday night at 9 p.m., Fifth Third Arena.

By the way, I'm in a real rut when it comes to jinxing teams. If I visit a high school, they lose the next game. If I pull a team out of the blue to praise, (like So. Florida in previous post) they lose at home in the first round of the NIT. I'm not sure the jinx is in place for teams covered on a regular basis, like Xavier and U.C., but since I'm in Milwaukee, the Musketeers better hope they are immune to this Schleprock type spell I'm casting. It wasn't my call to come here, so don't blame me if something goes wrong in the opening game. I just wanted to get it off my chest, I have been a true jinx.

No comments:

Post a Comment