Monday, May 18, 2009

Maybe Tuesday Is The Reds Biggest Day...

...now that Joey Votto will be examined again Tuesday. Hopefully they find the problem, get it fixed, and if he has to miss some games, miss some games. Getting healthy for the long haul is the big thing.

I'll be keeping Brian Grant in my thoughts and prayers. The former Xavier star and NBA veteran was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. Grant graduated from my high school, Georgetown High School in Georgetown, Ohio. I knew his dad Tommy growing up, and his aunt Pam was in my class. Brian is a class act and is taking this new battle head on, taking his fight to the web with this website: http://www.briangrant.org/
here's the link to our story about Brian on our WLWT website:
http://www.wlwt.com/sports/19498342/detail.html

Talk about getting passed around! I'm hoping the horse with the super-kick down the stretch doesn't take offense to three different jockeys in the three triple crown races. Mine That Bird is facing that reality. Mike Smith has a prior commitment to race for the owners of Giacamo out at Hollywood Park on the same day as the Belmont Stakes. So it was Calvin Borel at the Derby, Smith at the Preakness, and tba at the Belmont. If I'm one of the world class jockeys I'm running as fast as I can to jump on Mine That Bird and grab 10 percent of the Belmont purse. At one and a half miles, I like the "Bird" to bring it home.
By the way, if Borel happens to win the Belmont, does he get anything for winning the Triple Crown?

No comments:

Post a Comment