Saturday, May 9, 2009

Reds Keep It Rolling.

What a day for Aaron Harang. His 31st birthday begins at the Dunham complex on the west side. He helps cut the ribbon for a synthetic baseball field built for the Miracle League. It's a league that brings baseball to children with special needs. Harang and his wife, Jen, donated 55-grand to the project along with a lot of enthusiasm. Seeing the joy on the children's faces may have been the highlight for Aaron. But he contributed more to the goodwill of Cincinnati before the day was over. 7 strikeouts in 7 innings, and a rare 2-run, 2-out, bases loaded single to break the game open in the bottom of the 6th. He did this before a sellout crowd of victory starved Reds fans. I know they came out for the Joey Votto bobbleheads, but maybe they'll come back for good baseball. That's what the Reds are playing these days.
Good, solid, team baseball with a pitching staff that is starting to scare me. And really scare the hitters around the National League. The Reds go for the 3-game sweep Sunday afternoon at 1:10 p.m., and Volquez is on the mound.

By the way, with 40,651 on hand Saturday night, the Reds have drawn 73,300 or so in the last 3 games. I need a sellout on Sunday to make it to the 115,000 I predicted for the 4 games starting Thursday. I don't think it will happen, but I'm guessing they bust 30-grand on Sunday. Now my prediction doesn't seems as utterly ridiculous as it did after Friday night. I really thought they would get 20-grand for singles night on Thursday. But they only managed 14, 700 so my prediction basically blew up in the test tube. But I still have a chance to save a little face.

No comments:

Post a Comment